Tuesday 9 July 2013

Review- Revlon Colorstay One-stroke Defining Eyeliner in Blackest Black

By Nivedita

Hello Lovely Ladies!!!

Today I would be reviewing the ‘Revlon Colorstay One-stroke Defining Eyeliner in Blackest Black’. This post isn't only going to be about reviewing a product, I will also share my own journey with this product.
Image source- http://static.violetbag.com/4857-large/revlon-colorstay-one-stroke-defining-eyeliner-blackest-black.jpg

This is one of those Revlon products that I have used year after year for a considerable period of time.
I first started using it way back in, I guess 2007 or 2008. This had launched somewhere during that time when I used to be in college and buying an eye pencil for around 400 INR or so with my pocket money was a big thing!!!
I was always in search of that perfect jet black eye pencil / kajal that would not smudge and having come acccross this I immediately bought it. I had a penchant for thickly kohl lined eyes with the blackest of black kajal. I started wearing kajal when I was in high school and by the time I finally found this baby, I guess I had already tried almost every other drugstore kajal but all failed miserably to give that smudge proof jet black effect!!!

The very first time I used it, I realised what I had finally found!!! This was it. The perfect jet black kajal that too with just one light stroke.It became by HG.
I continued using it till 2011.

Well you all will get to know why I stopped using it inspite of being in love with it!!!

What the Brand Claims:

Revlon Colorstay One-Stroke Defining Eyeliner gives precise definition to eyes. It's enriched with Vitamin E and Aloe. It won’t wear, smudge or smear off.

Net Contents:
1.2 grams

Price:
560 INR

What I Think About It!!!

Packaging:

The outer and inner body of the pencil is black with a golden metal bottom cover and a black plastic cap.
The pencil is not made of wood, rather of plastic. It is indeed a little difficult to sharpen it as the plastic slips. One needs to practice with use on how to sharpen it without wasting it much.


Quality:

The product is definitely what the brand claims to be.
·         One-Stroke
·         Blackest Black
·         Smudge Proof

It is really soft and creamy and very easy to apply. One does not need to glide the pencil repeatedly to get desired intensity. After application it takes about 15-20 seconds to set and Voila!!! You have the best jet black kohl lined eyes that too smudge proof.

I used this product at a stretch day after day for almost 5 years until I realised something my mum kept saying all the time was actually true!!!
I was getting really bad dark circles which were increasing. I had first felt it was due to my work, night shifts etc. But then I realised it was the kajal that made things worst.
Though it was the perfect kajal I could ask for but the ugly dark circles were not that great!!!
Sad part, I still have them. It has been more than a year I stopped using it. I have been massaging my eye area with Sweet Almond Oil for sometime now. Though the dark circles have reduced, they have not gone completely.

As I have weak eye sight, I wear glasses and at times contact lenses. That was another problem. It could be because of my sensitive skin or maybe the product itself, I used to have great difficulties with the contact lenses and the kajal together. My eyes would burn, would be very uncomfortable and after sometime my vision would get blurred.

I would not say that the same would happen with everyone as I have friends who use it (thanks to me, I suggested it to themJ) and they never got ugly dark circles.

It can be applied both on the lower water line and eye lid.
Sharpening it is a bit tricky as the plastic does not cut easily with even the best sharpener.
I learnt how to avoid wastage with use.

Does not smudge and lasts long. Even if one applies it every day, it will last you for 4 to 6 months depending on how you sharpen it.

One would need proper eye makeup remover or Olive Oil or Baby Oil to remove it as it.

What works for Me:

·         One-Stroke
·         Blackest Black
·         Smudge Proof
·         Long Lasting
·         Revlon has launched a variety of beautiful colors as well in this range

What doesn't work for Me:

·         Ugly dark circles
·         Price is high (from about 400 INR to now 560 INR)
·         Difficult to sharpen
·         Cannot wear it with my contact lenses on

Have you tried Revlon Colorstay One-stroke Defining Eyeliner in Blackest Black’ or any other shades? Share in the comments section below!

<3 Stay Happy, Feel Pretty!!! <3
xoxo


P.S- All views expressed in this post are the author's own. If anyone has a different opinion please share the same in the comments box below.


No comments:

Post a Comment